Headlam Street, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2JX | Tel: 0191 265 9881
Today we visited The Shipley Art Gallery to look at their collection of artefacts made with a variety of materials as part of our Science unit about changing materials..
- We looked at the purpose of the artefacts and the suitability of the materials used to make the different artefacts.
- We also looked specifically at wool and clay as natural materials.
- We made felt from the wool and observed how it changed at different stages.
- In the afternoon we looked at the natural material; clay.
- We looked at different artefacts made from clay and then we made our clay mosaic tiles. We enjoyed looking at the textile art and ceramic art made by a variety of artists.